We believe in getting the best out of our employees, that’s why a career with us isn’t just a job, it’s an opportunity for professional development and progression.
We are now hiring an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Engineer
GDMS-Italy is hiring an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Engineer, responsible for the design and implementation of ICT infrastructures to support Telecommunication and Security systems projects for GDMS-Italy’s customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Study, design and manage new and existing Linux and/or Microsoft AD Server infrastructures.
- Maintain, deploy, troubleshoot and support servers for a mixed customer environment;
- Plan, execute and implement new system hardware and software and create and maintain team technical instructions, operating procedures and policies as needed;
- Provide support towards the lifecycle of a mixed environment of vendor equipment in datacentre to include version control and periodic preventive maintenance
- Work with tight deadlines and well-defined milestones for the delivery of project objectives. The ICT Engineer is involved across all aspects of service delivery, from carrying out feasibility exercises and determining requirements to preparing detailed, technical and operational documentation.
- Interact with co-workers, vendors, Client’s representatives and other Stakeholders.
- Attend meetings, conferences, task forces, committees, events, etc. to provide and receive updated information, work in unity with other business units with similar telecommunication equipment and system interests.
- Draft engineering project proposals to define goals, identify the scope, background and need, and ascertain cost of equipment, parts and services.
Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate is an expert in ICT engineering, with knowledge of data center devices and security infrastructures.
- Previous job experience is not a mandatory requirement. However experience in supporting various versions of Microsoft Operating Systems, Active Directory, OU design, AD replication, and group policies will be considered a plus;
- She/He shall be able to demonstrate initiative, applies personal talent to practical solutions, be self-motivated and work independently as well as in teams.
- She/He shall be fluent in English (comprehension, reading and writing).
- An ICT Technical diploma or Bachelor Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent).
- Preferred certifications: MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, VMWARE, CompTIA, ITIL.
|Job Class||ICT Engineering|
|Job Category||ICT Professional|
|Job Location||Rome (Italy) – Available for medium to long term assignments to project sites worldwide|
|% Travel Required||< 50%, travel may be required both domestically and internationally|
|Relocation available||None at this time|
|Employment Type||Full time, CCNL Metalmeccanico|
|Work Schedule||Monday-Friday 8 hrs/day – Overtime as necessary|
|Base Compensation||Based On Experience (BOE), Salary and benefits commensurate with experience|
|Benefits||GDMS-Italy offers a competitive benefits package|
Qualified candidates must submit their resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format along with at least two professional references to: GDMS-Italy – email@example.com.